Monday, 22 August 2016

The Slump

My current blogging process is as follows: Sits down, opens up laptop and eats five custard creams. I have less than zero motivation. I'd say I'm hovering around a solid 0.3 and yet I have a whole bunch of new products hanging around on my dressing table, crying out to be reviewed.

I don't know what's wrong with me. 

Okay, granted, I do currently have family over visiting and I know my free time slots are few and far between but even when I have tried to sit down and catch up, my brain is giving me a big, fat, hell no!

So here I am, mid-afternoon, feet up and borderline drowning in a mound of bubbles whilst my family sun themselves by the pool. After an entire morning of blinking at a computer screen and consuming an inadvisable amount of sugar, I decided to pull out my wild card and have a bath. I don't know what it is about baths but I always seem to be able to whip up a post in water.

Maybe I was a fish in a former life. Or a whale, if you're taking in to account the amount of crap I've stuffed in my face these last few days.

Anyway, where were we?

I have a couple of silly things to report. 

Firstly, whilst I was back in the UK, Scott text me, full of concern that Daisy had a lump on her back and that he'd booked her a rushed trip to the vets to have it checked out. Turns out the lump was her microchip and we'd spent 150 Dirhams on giving the vet a funny story to pass on to his friends and family.

Also, whilst I was away, Daisy spent the first few days in disbelief that I had gone. Running around the apartment, sniffing around all the cupboards and 'hiding spots,' in denial that I'd left her with her second favourite human. 

She took her stress out on Elvis, which despite a previous operation, was officially declared deceased before I made it back to survey the damage.

I'm blaming separation anxiety and the fact that you should never cross a Shih Tzu. 

Elvis was clearly an asshole!

Finally, my Mum experienced her first Middle Eastern brunch on Friday and it's safe to say, she doesn't fancy having another go.

A range of emotions were experienced that day, most notable was the tearful taxi journey home and the collapse in bed at a respectable 6pm.

We've all been there!

Anyway, I hoping I will be back with something more substantial next time, maybe even a review if I'm feeling particularly inspired. Thanks for sticking with me. 

No comments

Post a Comment

© Life in Excess | All rights reserved.
Blog Layout Created by pipdig