Ahh, Instagram. The social media platform that many of us love to hate. Yes, trying to gain new followers is harder than trying to carve diamonds out of sesame seeds but I'm a sucker for a crisp, white background and a food-based flatlay.
With that in mind, I really wanted to give you a peek at some of the gorgeous accounts that I love following on Instagram, in the spirit of sharing the love and also in the hope that you may find some fab, new accounts to follow.
So, enviable bag and shoe collection to one side, Elisabeth's Instagram account is major #goals. Her images are beautiful, clean and cohesive. Definitely what Instagram theme dreams are made of. Her blog is also one of my faves.
This is one of those, I need to write a blog post posts. In fact, I have five to schedule today before my family touch down in the Sandpit so the pressure's on.
It's typically an occasion in which wine would be called for but it's midday and I'll try to operate some level of restraint.
Anyhoo, for lack of wanting to hit you with beauty post after beauty post, I thought I'd throw in a '20 Facts About Me!' I was going to write 50 but 50 is way too many, trust me, I'm not that interesting.
So, without further ado:
1. I used to have an X-Ray of my skull in one of our kitchen cupboards. I'm just gonna let that one hang there.
2. I'm allergic to fish sauce.
3. I have been known to eat cold mushy peas with salt and vinegar... out of the can! I can't believe I'm actually admitting this one.
4. And sticking with the theme of food, I also ate a spoonful of fish food once, as a dare.
5. I've lived in four different countries throughout my lifetime so far. England, Qatar, Finland and now the UAE.
6. I can say sausage and chips in Finnish. Well, sausage and potatoes.
7. I'm known amongst many of Scott's work colleagues and friends back home for introducing them to the Springbok shot. A.K.A. the best shot you'll ever taste!
8. I can rap the entire Bad Touch song by Bloodhound Gang. (And often do so after too many glasses of wine.)
9. One of my childhood dogs was called Chien which literally translates to 'dog.' So creative - haha!
10. I also had a black and white cat called Garfield because I was obsessed with the cartoon.
11. I don't own a single item of red clothing and never wear anything red, (except lipstick) because it really doesn't suit me.
12. I've never been stung by a bee or a wasp.
13. Some of the jobs I wanted to do growing up were work in fashion, be a nurse (my mum finds this hilarious as I'm so squeamish) be a forensic scientist - which I very nearly applied for before going down the route of being a teacher.
14. I have a driver's license but I've never driven a car solo. I also drove down the wrong side of the road on one of my driving tests but you can read about that, and more embarrassing tales here.
15. I'm one of four siblings. I'm the eldest. I have two sisters, one is still in school and the other is a few years younger than me. I also have a brother who has just turned 21.
16. I'm one of those people that's always cold when everyone else is sweating!
17. I love reading and loved reading especially when I was a child. I would always ask for books for birthdays and had several encyclopedias that I would read for fun.
18. I've quit drinking coffee and haven't drank it in a long time because it gives me really bad headaches.
19. I'm a really nervous traveler. I hate flying the most but I also get anxious over long car journeys and public transport solo is a no-no.
20. I'm a total believer in fate and karma. I definitely think that everything happens for a reason, even if we don't know what that is yet and that you just have to trust that things will work out as they need to be in the end.
Let me know if you enjoyed this 20 Facts post and I encourage you to share your 20 facts, whether it be in the comments or in your own blog post.
Swatching eleven lipsticks on my face, one after another is what real commitment is all about. Yes, to some, my MAC lipstick collection is still in its infancy but there's some solid faves in the bunch and as my last MAC lipstick post was yonks ago, I thought I'd share with you my updated collection .
I've only just started to dip my toes in the Charlotte Tilbury pond and if truth be told, I have mixed feelings about the much-loved brand.
Recoil in horror if you will but I was sorely disappointed with her face creams (you can read my review here) and I'm very much underwhelmed with her Wonder Glow primer. It's okay, nothing spectacular, although I do have much love for her Matte Revolution lipstick (review) and I've heard positive things about her Magic Foundation.
I was going to post about eye shadow today, or something infinitely more exciting than what I'm about to subject you to but I have a monu-moutain of crap to get off my chest so I thought I'd treat you to a ranty post instead.
I'm anything if not good to you guys.
Firstly, people and hammers should rot in the uttermost depths of fire-burning hell.
It's been nearly two weeks of near constant banging, drilling and general construction fuckery - which has driven me to midday alcoholic beverages more times than I care to admit. I imagine they're building a goddamn ark with the amount of nails being bashed around as, quite frankly, there is nothing else on this planet that could require this sheer amount of workmanship.