I've been feeling a little down in the dumps lately, mostly due to this pre-Summer cold that I've been plagued with. Colds are my thing in Finland... They come as regular as buses and take me weeks to shift. Not cool Finland, not cool.
As a little pick me up, Scott surprised me with a planned trip to Helsinki this weekend. We had arranged a day trip last week but I was settee-bound, encased in layers of blankets and snotty tissues so we missed out. Showing the world that this man truly knows me, he explained that he'd book us into a hotel, take me out for dinner and cocktails, AND... take me make up shopping where, in his words, I could buy whatever the hell I like. I stopped listening after that sentence because make up. He's undoubtedly a good egg.
So, in preparation for the weekend, I decided to create a wish list to avoid a similar, 'deer-in-the-headlights' type episode that thwarted my make up hauling the other week. (Of which you can read about here) Some of the things on this list are products that I have lusted after for quite some time, but living in the Bermuda Triangle of shopping, they are more than a little tricky to come by. Also note: there are a bazillion other brands I would include in this wish list, Charlotte Tilbury, Nars, Urban Decay to name but a few, but I've stuck to what I can, (knowingly) get my hands on in Helsinki.
1. MAC Fluidline Brow Gelcreme in Deep Dark Brunette. I have been lusting after this product since way back in February when I had my make up done by a MUA for a special occasion. I have asked at numerous MAC counters for this product and have been turned away empty handed from all of them. This will be my last ditch attempt to pick it up in Helsinki before I admit defeat and place an online order.
2. Bare Minerals Complexion Rescue Tinted Hydrating Gel Cream. I vaguely remember spotting a few Bare Minerals products in the Stockmann department store so I'm hoping that I can pick up this tinted moisturiser/BB/CC cream hybrid. I've heard a tonne of positive reviews regarding this base product and so I'm hoping I can find a shade that will see me through Summer.
3. Max Factor Creme Puff Blush. I think I want Lovely Pink and Alluring Rose but I really need to get in and give these a swatch. If you have missed this huge beauty release then you must have been hiding under a rock. Beauty bloggers love 'em and I need 'em in my make up bag!
4. YSL Volupte Tint-In-Oil in Shade No. 5 Cherry My Cherie. These lip oils have been on my radar for a good while now. I'm inclined to feel that the shades aren't too dissimilar from one another so I'm guessing I only really need one. The Cherry shade seems to give a slightly better tint than some of the others so I'm probably going to opt for this one.
5. Inglot Freedom System Palette. It's no secret that I love Inglot eye shadows. If you've never tried them, I urge you to give them a go. You wont regret it. I currently have a series of small Inglot palettes; however I plan on investing in a large palette and picking up several new shades to boot. I'm open to shade suggestions here folks. I need the AMC Shine 153 thanks to Essie Button and also Pearl 414 which you can view on Temptalia. *Falls down spangly eye shadow rabbit hole*
Let me know what you think of my wish list and please do fire any tips or suggestions my way as I love all of the inspiration that I can get. I will probably end up lurking around LUSH during my trip to Helsinki too; although with no bath prospects for the the next few months, it'll be ever so slightly torturous.